Saturday 25 June 2011

Friday food - all the way from Paris!

When I woke up this morning with a head-ache after a night drinking lager and playing pool (I won 10-8 after being 3-7 down - get it!), I was dissapointed when it dawned on me that I hadn't taken a picture of the McChicken Sandwich that I threw down my neck, and Chef Jo did photograph her dinner, but her Nokia is no Iphone so the quality sucks.

So, I imagine my joy when I had an email from my sister in Paris entitled "OUR DINNER"!!! The pictures and words our theirs, and I want to give a special mention to Alexis Pig for preparing a lovely looking salad.

"Right...here's the photos of the Moreno friday with friends dinner....the below food was washed down with some sort of wine (red) and finished with Etorki cheese and mini magnums. (served separately......).
Asian salad bowl with prawns, cucumber, cherry tomatoes,pineapple and fresh mint leaves complimented by a lime/ fish sauce/ chilli dressing and garnished with a flourish of crushed cashew nuts....carefully constructed by the budding chef Alexis Moreno ,who seems to have inherited the Rees male genetic streak of being a bit of a perfectionist in the kitchen (He then left us to eat while he went to a barbecue)
Followed by quietly poached salmon à la creme fraiche with three greens...leeks, broad beans and good old reliable peas.
Served with regular mashed potatoes, browned in the oven. 

No comments: