Saturday 5 November 2011

Review - Town Hall Tavern - Leeds 8/10

Everyone loves a bargain, so when a groupon deal popped into my inbox for the Town Hall Tavern in Leeds I couldn't resist!....as the crow flies it is the nearest pub to the office and when we had been in for drinks before the food looked great.

This bit of history if lifted off the website; "The pub is a historic Leeds venue, dating back to 1926 that re-launched in May 2011. Traditionally, it was used by solicitors and policemen who would sit on one side of the pub preparing for their cases, with the accused making the most of what could have been their last moments of freedom, drinking on the other side".

So Dave Bro and I headed over for lunch on Thursday at 1pm, after booking a table via twitter. The deal was any starter and main so we quickly ordered as I had an hours window before I had to be back in the office.

Our starters were both really good and we agreed that we would give them both 9/10. My pig cheek scotch egg just pipped Dave Bros Liver Parfait but they both come highly recommened by us!




From all the choice on the menu, I think I chose my main badly. My scampi and chips was fine (maybe the chips were too chunky/ not crispy enough) but I am sure if I had gone for something else it would be been up there with the starters. Dave Bro went for a squid risotto which he gave an 8/10 for.......



Overall I would definitely recommend a trip here for food, or just a few pints of the great ale on tap. The food was really well presented, and the service attentive. Sorry about having no change for a tip Rick, but here is the review that I promised!

The bill
Me
Dave Bro

1 comment:

James Fawcett said...

A great review!!! Linking to you now from the Town Hall Tavern website :) am i ok to save your food images for the future slideshows?