Sunday 2 October 2011

Half Marathon & Dominos Pizza Day

So today Joe ran his half marathon.  Although a few people had mentioned that it was very hilly, I don't think either of us realised just how hilly it was - in one mile he climbed 1000 feet, and then kept on going up and down! (the stats from his run can be found here). Joe finished in a very good time of 1 hour and 45 minutes, and now the Edinburgh marathon should be a breeze (ahem!).

The finishing line of the half marathon in Lister Park
Joe shortly after he finished - and he doesn't look nearly tired enough for my liking!
 In August we received an email from the Dominos marketing team saying the following:

"After reading your blog and especially your post your champion league homemade pizza, I think you’ll be a perfect fit for my latest campaign...it would be great if you could choose one of Domino’s pizzas, taste it and write about it."

Well who could say no to that?!  They sent us a voucher for any pizza, any size and today seemed like the perfect day to use it.

After a little confusion with our order, we chose a "half and half" pizza.  Half was Spanish Sizzler (chicken, green peppers, chorizo and roquito peppers) and half was American hot (onions, pepperoni and jalapeno peppers).  We also went for the stuffed crust (at Joe's request).  Although I would usually prefer to make my own pizza, this turned out to be quite a good treat, and Joe definitely deserved it after his long run.  Both halves were pretty tasty, although the Spanish Sizzler came out on top - it was surprisingly spicy!  I would like it if they made the base tomato and cheese a little more punchy but other than that it was a pretty decent pizza - thanks Dominos! click pizza menu for the website.
The box of treats.  Also, Dominos has a new range of thin based Gourmet pizzas which will be my choice next time.
An accompanying salad.  I am a girl after all.
The half and half pizza
American hot
Spanish Sizzler
The empty box.  Joe ate more than half.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: