Saturday 12 May 2012

Thursday - Mario at Homage2Fromage (and some other stuff)

On Thursday I attended Homage2Fromage at the Adephi in Leeds, and it was great! Our host for the evening was Mario (Gusto Italiano) who is a passionate Italian food maker with roots in Sardinia and a love for all things Yorkshire. Over the past few months we have become friendly with Mario (at Christmas we won a load of Italian goodies in a competition that Mario ran) and he a lovely guy. I have misplaced the list of cheeses that we had on Thursday but 99% were winners - the only one I didn't like was a smoked mozzarella but I seemed to be in the minority on that score. The highlight was Mario's live cheese making demonstration that everyone loved and I am sure will inspire a few to try it themselves. He makes his own cheese (and other delights) that he sells at Farmers Markets so go pay him a visit. He also runs a monthly supper club that is really picking up - we are going next month and can't wait!  - all in another great cheese event from Vickie and Nick.

Mario's artisan cheese
Joe and Mario
Hunter Pig
Live cheese making
As we no longer blog daily I thought I would mention how Mum is doing - and the answer is really well so far with the chemo not stopping her from being her usual brilliant self! See you next weekend Mum x

Sunday is the Leeds Half Marathon for me - it's a training run I suppose before the marathon at the end of the Month but I am still hoping for a PB which would be sub 1hr 40! Fingers crossed. My pre long run routine is pizza (any excuse) and Jo is making one from scratch this evening - can't wait. I have been told that beetroot juice will increase my endurance so I will be drinking a shot of Beet-It one hour before the run and I have been getting through the big bottle this week - it's really quite nice! - you can get it from Millies (cheaper that the chains - fact!)

Beet-It!
We have decided not to blog daily, but here are some of the things we had for dinner this week;







Have a lovely weekend - Joe and Jo.

No comments: