Wednesday 19 October 2011

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Chicken, Mini Baked Potatoes & Red Cabbage

My plan tonight was to run home (around 7 miles) but when I got to work I realised I had left my wind and waterproof jacket at home, and it was way too cold for just a t-shirt! The plan is to get wrapped up at 6am and run before work! As I write this now it seems a possibility but tomorrow when I am wrapped up in bed it will be a different story! I'll report on the next post how I got on....

Although I was a little dissapointed about not running, we bought some red wine on the way home and I knew that Jo had put a whole chicken in the slow cooker in the morning. If you haven't got a slow cooker I would highly recommend getting one; we have made loads of delicious things with ours!

We had it with mini baked potatoes and red cabbage - perfect for a cold October evening! We are off to another (lucky us) food event tommorow at Chico Latino in Leeds, which we are both looking forward to as we have recently spoke about why we hadn't visited already....can't wait!


Tonight's red
The slow cooked chicken
Baby baked spuds
Red cabbage
Gravy
Chicken out of the pot!
Our mid week dinner table
My plate

No comments: