Tuesday 6 December 2011

Monday - Jo is the Debating Champ of Leeds!!!

On Mondays and Tuesdays I usually work late - in the recruitment world 5pm till 7pm is the best time to speak with the candidates that you want place into jobs and get juicy bits of information from! Jo was in the final of a debating competition as one half of team Ford and Warren (other half being Work David), against three other teams from high profile law firms in Leeds. The event took place in a very swish part of Malmaison and was hosted by James of Michelsberg Tailoring based in the very fancy Victoria Quarter - his blog and some background on the event can be found here.

As I said, Monday would normally be a late one but I decided that I would cut off a little early to go and see Jo in the debate, with no idea what to expect as a non legal eagle!

I am not going to go into a huge amount of detail as this is a light-hearted blog, but there were 4 teams of 2, split into 2 teams of 4 with the motion "this house believes East is better than West....." Jo was arguing against the motion. It was really fun to watch: I  was pretty impressed as they were only given a few minutes to get their points together and the hour debating was all free-styling!....see my tweets about Jo from during the event - look bottom up!;


After over an hour of heating debating, the judges went away to decide on the winning team, and the overall individual winner. The team award went to Pinsent Masons but they judges were all unanimous that......

JO WAS THE BEST INDIVIDUAL SPEAKER AND THE OVERALL WINNER!!!!!

Obviously I was very proud that she had done so well (and relieved that I had turned up!!).....below is a picture of Jo and the judges:


The best bit was the Jo won, but second best was that the prize is a bespoke suit from James Michelberg which will be my suit for our wedding - get in!!!!!!......Thanks baby!x

Oh yeah - here is dinner....beans on a bagel:

No comments: